Thursday, October 15, 2009

sweat lodge deaths

I just heard about this, and I am really sad and pissed about it.
Two people died in a sweat lodge in Sedona, Arizona last week. This guy James Arthur Ray, who has a smile like a car salesmen is under criminal investigation for leading the lodge as part of a five day retreat entitled 'Spiritual Warrior.' The whole thing involved a wilderness fast followed by a lodge ceremony consisting of 55 to 65 people. The participants had paid between 9,000 and 10,000 dollars. http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/10/12/crimesider/entry5378668.shtml
This is fucked up on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.
And I have to go get ready for work right now.
Check out the website, and draw your own conclusions. Anyone promising to be a guru/savior type deserves to be taken with a serious dose of salt. http://jamesray.com/ Ps: he left the state and is currently 'unavailable for comment.' What is that?!
All kinds of things are going to be threatened by the bad decisions of this dumbass, namely freedom of religion. This is serious shit, this is not about 'love and light and la la la'...and I think that's what that guy was selling.
I know I'm lacking clarity right now because i'm in a hurry and all, but this is really worriesome and I am legitimately angry.

1 comment: