Friday, December 11, 2009

BENE GESSERIT LITANY AGAINST FEAR


Hello, my name is Kamara Thomas-- uh, I mean, Krystal Faye-- and I am a Dune-head and a Sci-Fi addict.

Simply put, Dune is the deepest sci-fi this sci-fox has experienced to date. You want witch? I'll show you witch: The Bene Gesserit-- a superwitchy sisterhood of sci-foxes who have disciplined their bodies and minds to be superhuman. Check their litany against fear below. The sisters use the litany when they're having a really bad day, as in, torture is being inflicted, things are exploding, death seems imminent, what if no one ever loves me again, etc., etc., etc.


---------------------------------------------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
---------------------------------------------------------
BOOM. This is definitely my next tatoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment