Monday, December 7, 2009

HELL.

–noun
1. the place or state of punishment of the wicked after death.
2. any place or state of torment or misery.
3. something that causes torment or misery.
4. the powers of evil.

I don't so much partake in the first definition cause I don't have any real big concerns with the after-life and #3 is unnecessary if you really think about the second definition, therefor making the 3rd definition a choice and I am a big believer in choices. So, with that said, I do really enjoy the word "HELL" and I find it to be a very helpful noun and I also use it informally as a random nonsense adjective quite frequently such as: "I look like hell" or "I smell like hell" or whatever. I actually do smell like hell right now but the noun kind of hell, the hell place where every "bad" person ever is permanently alive yet permanently burning for ever, because I stood over a campfire for a couple hours (and because I eat "bad people").

Today was hell.

Today was a hell combo definition #2 and #4.

Life is hell. It is also amazing and I think the hell part of it isn't really a bad part. But it challenges my emotions which challenge my intentions so hell is not something to passively redirect or take lightly. My hell plays a big part in my ever redefining character and it forever crumbles the emotional and mental walls I build up around me. And it wouldn't be without heart that the war would even exist. I hope my heart grows stronger, braver. It would be nice to beat hell to the punch, but until then, good game. Even if it is a madhouse.

1 comment:

  1. Right on, sister. I am sorry you have to and have had to deal with hell but I am also glad for the beautiful woman you are, which, I think is in part a product of hell + your enduring spirit. Love you.

    ReplyDelete