Wednesday, December 16, 2009

SONIC LIFE.

“The internal dialogue is what grounds people in the daily world. The world is such and such or so and so, only because we talk to ourselves about its being such and such and so and so. The passageway into the world of shamans opens up after the warrior has learned to shut off his internal dialogue.””

--Carlos Castaneda

Not an easy thing to do, especially in this society where the brain washing is endless and the webs of manipulation become so fucking tangled you can't tell what's "real" or "good". The amount of stress we face just by simply leaving our homes, learning to survive, having relationships with one another, and not completely self-sabotaging our own happiness is insane. Not to mention its effects on the body and all the lessons that go along with that.

I have never been a good meditator, as I have total obsessive compulsive thoughts. But one thing I am pretty good at is listening. Today I give my lil' psyche a breather as I listen to the rain falling into the puddles, the cars swooshing past, the wind filling my ears, my foot steps clicking the concrete. Today I will let my life do all the talking.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you make me feel better: I too am a terrible meditator/excellent listener.

    ReplyDelete