Monday, December 21, 2009

Witch of the Week: Grandmother Spider Woman


Solstice Blessings Witchparty!

This week I would like to give thanks to Grandmother Spider Woman, the American goddess of air-element and ancient wisdom. She rules this time of year, as winter sets in. She asks us to give in to the freezing of the earth and welcome the stillness, the opportunity to go within and seek our answers and visions.

Last night I prayed to her to bring me a vision for the coming year, to show me which seeds to nurture for next year's harvest. WWWWhoa. She sent me a dream where I was living in a brand new, bigger house. Inside the kitchen was an easel set up for me to paint watercolors. I felt really uncomfortable in the new house and kept leaving, but every time I left I would realize I really had no other place to go, so I kept coming back to the big new house. Then, on my final return to the house, there was an old Asian woman cooking in the kitchen, and she had made me new painting powders in vibrant colors, fuschia and turquoise, made from barks and roots and flowers, which she had laid out in small piles next to my easel. And I finally felt at home in the new house.

Grandmother Spider Woman, why are you so AWESOME?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment